4.7.2 Heat-activated adhesives on supports
- Also called “hot-sealing adhesives”
- Block-resistant coatings at room temperature
- Activation by heat and simultaneous pressure
- Most based on polyvinylidene chloride, polyvinyl acetate and polyacrylate, as a dispersion or in an organic solvent
- The processing is very similar to that for a hotmelt: heat until softening, usually together with the second substrate. After successful wetting, cohesion development on cooling under pressure.
- Largest area of application: packaging industry