4.7.3 Moisture activated adhesives on supports
- Usually on absorbent support materials such as paper
- Usually aqueous colloidal systems (basis: dextrins or proteins) or synthetic polymers with good re-emulsifying properties. Water-emulsifying hotmelts are also available.
- All systems form non-tacky moisture-activated films
- Activation via moisture, namely by water, can enhance the mobility of the coating so much that wetting of a second substrate is possible
- Hardening then occurs via evaporation of the water required for activation